Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Resolution 2013

Happy New Year 2013!  
My New Year's Resolution is to make a healthy smoothie every day this year.
That is 365 Smoothie's of all varieties.  The key is to be healthy from the inside out and to try new fruits and vege combinations.  Join me in the adventure and post your comments here to let me know if you liked them.  I noticed while testing the idea, that once you get past the color when using greens, that they really do taste delicious! (not to mention the incredible colors you can create)

So drink for the health of it with me for the new year!



Fresh Spinach Leaves



Day 1
1/4 baked sweet potato (peeled and cooled)
1/2 banana (frozen is fine)
1-2 handfuls spinach
dash cinnamon
splash of vanilla
7-9 raw almonds
1/4/-1/2 cup muesli (oats mixture)
1/4 cup water approx.
ground flax seed

Just trust me on this combo..it is really good!  Thanks Carrie!

I use a small Ninja Blender that works great!  It blends the almonds and frozen fruit with no problem.  This mixture will still be kind of nutty texture so if you like it SMOOTH just blend it longer!
Enjoy 























No comments:

Post a Comment